Come and continue to build on the essentials of salsa dancing On2 with Baila DC for six weeks, starting Tuesday, Oct 3rd and ending on Tuesday, Nov 7, 2023.
* Previous participation in our Foundations series or equivalent experience is recommended before taking this course.
New fall addition: Come early to participate in a 30-minute practice social before class to practice your moves!
- Tuesdays, October 3rd through November 7th, 2023
- 8:00-8:30 PM – Practice Social (free for Baila DC students!)
- 8:30 – 9:30 PM – Level 2 – Essentials Salsa (upstairs on the Balcón of La Cosecha)
- $150 for the 6-week series
- Please register online before the first day of class
This progressive 6-week class builds on the content from our Foundations series. Essentials is designed for advanced beginners who want to deepen and expand their knowledge and ability and for intermediate dancers seeking to focus on essential salsa-dancing concepts. We explore how to combine the foundations of salsa dancing to create more intricate relationships between music, movement, and connection.
By the end of the class you will be proficient in:
Adjusting your dancing to the dance floor
Reflecting a song’s mood in your dancing
Traveling movements and turns
Use your understanding of shining, leading, and following to create and troubleshoot your own dance sequences
You will also be introduced to
Momentum and tension
Note: We expect students to come to class prepared with the following knowledge and abilities:
On2 salsa timing
Basic salsa step
Right and left turns (with & without partner)
Cross-body lead (leads & follows)