Salsa On2 Foundations 6-week Series on Tuesdays at La Cosecha
Come and continue to build on the basics of salsa dancing On2 with Baila DC for six weeks, starting Tuesday, January 24th and ending on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Join us each Tuesday for a free practice social after class at 7:30 pm!
Schedule – *New Day & Time*
- Tuesdays, January 24th through February 28, 2023
- 6:30 – 7:30 PM – upstairs in Balcón of La Cosecha
La Cosecha |1280 4th Street NE, Washington DC 20002 / Upstairs in the balcony (Balcón)
- $150 for the 6-week series
- Please register online before the first day of class
This progressive 6-week series class is intended for beginner students and introduces the salsa on2 basics and foundational concepts. Throughout the six weeks we will continue to focus on timing, musicality, building on the layers of the salsa basic step, learning left and right turns, simple footwork drills, and progressing with introductory partner work techniques that are fundamental to basic On2 salsa.
By the end of the class you will be proficient in:
- Leading and following steps to a basic salsa rhythm
- Executing left and right turns with and without a partner
- Simple footwork drills (side basic, back basic, and other “on-tempo” shines)
You will also be introduced to:
- Cross-body-lead steps and signaling for both leads and follows
- Combining steps and changing their direction to create your own shines