District Fray Magazine, Serenata, Destino and Shop Made in DC present Girls to the Front: A Panel Discussion on Building Community, our second annual event with SHE:DC highlighting powerhouse women of color making incredible waves in D.C. hospitality and our local arts scene. We will be providing cocktail and cooking demos, a mini-arts market and one-hour panel championing female leaders in these industries.
Join us for:
- Cocktail or cooking demo + a mini-arts market from 6-7 p.m
- Panel from 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Mingle from 8:30-9 p.m.
Hear from our panelists:
- Téa Ivanovic-COO + co-founder, Immigrant Food (MODERATOR)
- Holly Bass– Multidisciplinary performance + visual artist, writer + director
- Keyonna Jones– Founder + executive director, Congress Heights Arts & Culture Center
- Farrah Skeiky– Photographer, creative director + writer
- Ana-Maria Jaramillo– Co-founder, La Tejana
- Judy Elahi – Corporate Beverage Director, 101 Hospitality
- Chrissy Sheffey – Owner + curator, Charismatic Creations
- Panel only: $25 for non-members, $15 for District Fray members
- Panel + cocktail demo: $55 for non-members, $55 + Serenata swag bag for District Fray members
- Panel + cooking demo: $85 for non-members, $85 + Destino swag bag for District Fray Members
- Each attendee will receive one complimentary cocktail from Serenata. $5 of each ticket goes to the SHE:DC fund.
INVEST IN WOMEN
Tickets and a portion of all sales are donations to the SHE:DC Micro-Grant fund designed to help scale emerging women entrepreneurs. During the last event of the month, SHE:DC Micro-grant finalists will compete for a chance to win micro-grants for their business. This year we will award (2) $1000 grants and a special $2000 Enterprising Women of Color: Women Making HERstory Award sponsored by Washington Area Community Investment Fund (WACIF).