SHE:DC is an initiative to illuminate women entrepreneurs, powered by Shop Made in DC. In March, correlating with Women’s History Month, we celebrate artists, makers and women supporting creative women in a variety of events including a curated art show featuring up to 200 DMV women artists, panel discussions and popups with emerging businesses and a final pitch competition for the SHE:DC Microgrant.
Join us as we toast, taste and shop goods from women business owners. Cast your vote on who should take home the $2000 and $1000 grants.
Drinks = Donation /// Donation = Money into the SHE:DC MICRO-GRANT FUND so we can give out more $$$!
- 5-6:15PM Toasting + Tasting + Shopping
- 6:15PM- 3 Minute Flash Talks from Makers- Learn how this money could impact their business
- 6:30-7:15PM- Vote + more Shopping + Tasting+ Toasting!
- 7:15PM- Award Announced
*Votes can be taken beginning at 5PM
- Samantha Archibald- Washington Area Community Investment Fund
- Allison Cooke- CORE
- Stacey Price- Shop Made in DC
- Marisela Rodela- Enterprising Women of Color DMV Business Center
- Robyn Segal- Peltrie Place
INVEST IN WOMEN
Tickets and a portion of all sales are donations to the SHE:DC Micro-Grant fund designed to help scale emerging women entrepreneurs. During the last event of the month, SHE:DC Micro-grant finalists will compete for a chance to win micro-grants for their business. This year we will award (2) $1000 grants and a special $2000 Enterprising Women of Color: Women Making HERstory Award sponsored by Washington Area Community Investment Fund (WACIF).